During the past year (or so) I have learned a lot of things and had to grow up pretty quickly, more than I thought could be possible. I just wanted to share with you..
Random Ramblings’ 30 Lessons of the Mid Twenties
(1) Chivalry is only dead if we let it be so.
(2) Never settle for less than what you deserve in any aspect of your life, whether it be career, relationship, friendships, etc.
(3) Tequila shots are very dangerous, not delicious at all, and may result in you puking all over your hair, floor, and bedding.
(4) The only person who can fight for you is YOU. You may have the support from others, but in the end, all you really have is yourself.
(5) An unhappy career is much worse than a failed relationship.
(6) Meeting people online will always be extremely creepy.
(7) You should never take your youth for granted. It will be gone before you know it.
(8) The people you text when you are drunk are probably the people you have feelings for. If they don’t text you when they are drunk then they probably don’t return the feelings.
(9) If someone is meant to be in your life and you set them free they will eventually come back. Nine times out of ten they will come back when it’s too late for them and you are already in a better place. It will always be their loss.
(10) If someone is too chicken to work on a relationship, then that’s their problem, not yours.
(11) Most people are going to constantly disappoint you. It’s the family and friends who rarely do that are worth keeping around.
(12) Freedom isn’t free. There is always a cost.
(13) Your actions will always have consequences, whether good or bad. The trick is to act and not be stagnant. Not acting leads to your life moving forward without you.
(14) Cheaters are not good friends, partners, or people. Get that negative energy out of your life before it consumes you to the point of drowning.
(15) The more you say “I can’t” the more you won’t be able to do anything.
(16) It is okay to shop moderately. It’s when you can’t go a week without shopping that it is a problem.
(17) Shopping, unfortunately, will always be a simple way to relieve stress.
(18) Avoiding the problem will not make it go away.
(19) Honesty, no matter how difficult, is always the best policy. People who lie, cheat, steal, and hurt and try to get away with it will meet a very nasty end. If you mess up, deal with it in the most honest way that you know how.
(20) People who are too chicken to face their problems or faults will almost always end up alone.
(21) Life is too short not to have adventures as often as you can. Travel, dance, sing, climb mountains, drink with friends. Whatever your adventure is, just do it.
(22) Setting goals means nothing if you don’t try your hardest to meet them. If you don’t meet them, that’s okay, at least you are trying.
(23) Men and women will probably never see eye to eye completely. That’s okay if you’re willing to work at it.
(24) The easy way out is never going to result in anything good.
(25) The level of success is only measured by all the hard work it took to get there.
(26) A guy who sends an unwanted dick pic is unwanted material for your life. Get out and move on.
(27) Coming home to a made bed (even if it’s made poorly) will always be worth the five seconds it takes to pull up your covers in the morning.
(28) If you have the chance to try something new like rock climbing, do it, even if heights are absolutely terrifying. Face your fears whenever you can.
(29) Keep friends with positive energy around you. Get rid of the ones who drag you down, even if it’s the hardest thing you’ll ever have to do.
(30) There is NOTHING more important in your life than keeping in touch with your family. Don’t let them slip away and don’t ever keep them in the dark.